For Immigration Assessment
Federal Skilled Worker Class
Having worked abroad helps provide valuable work experience which can help you in immigrating to Canada.
The Federal Skilled Worker Class (previously known as The Federal Skilled Worker Program) is an immigration program designed to aid skilled workers who have at least one year of work experience to obtain Permanent Residency (PR) in Canada. It is a part of the Express Entry System.
Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Application Process:
Applicants must meet minimum work experience requirements
- They must have taken the designated language test in English and or French and achieved the threshold language proficiency score
- Applicants must express their interest to permanently immigrate to Canada
- They must create an online Express Entry Profile
- They must receive an Invitation to Apply from the Canadian Government for a PR before they can apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Class
What type of Work Experience do I need?
Work Experience is your most important eligibility requirement in Federal Skilled category. To become eligible in Express entry your work experience must be:
At least 1-year of paid work in the same job within the same organization within the last 10 years at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Basic Selection Criteria for FSW Canada
Apart from the above there are 6 selection criteria which have been put forth:
- English and/or French skills
- Work experience,
- Do you have a valid job offer?
- How well you will be able to settle in Canada
Where our expertise helps
Our trusted experts at CWIS can aid you with:
- Conducting a FREE Assessment and determining your eligibility for Express Entry Sysstem
- Creation of your Express entry Profile
- Completion of Federal Skilled Worker Class Visa Formalities if you are invited to apply under Express Entry